Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Clean Makeup Brushes

Good Morning everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday! :)

I washed my makeup brushes last night for a bridal trial that I will be doing this afternoon. The bride is my good friend's sister. The wedding is this coming Saturday so I will be doing the trial makeup for the bride as well as 5 bridesmaids. I will be honest and say that this is actually my first time doing a bridal trial. I'm pretty excited because this is something that I've always wanted to do. Now that the opportunity has presented itself, I couldn't be happier. Freelancing is perfect for me right now being that I am a stay-at-home mama of 3. I'll do my best to take pictures. With 6 girls it might be a little hectic, but I'm ready!

Here are my freshly baby-shampooed brushes, along with a comparison of my brushes in 2008.



I wash my most-used brushes weekly, which usually takes about 45 minutes. Washing all of my brushes took me a little over 2 hours. I washed each of them individually.

How often do you wash your brushes? How long does it usually take you?

6 Comments:

Donna said...

YOU HAVE SOO MANY BRUSHES! i really need to invest in some good ones. i actually dont have alot of brushes so it takes me like 30 min to deep clean all of them. i clean my face brushes that i use every night with mac's brush cleaner cause im too paranoid of breaking out :)
i also noticed that im on your blog roll!! thank you soo much hun ill be sure to put yours on mine <3

LJ said...

you're welcome hun! i'm glad to put your blog on my links. and thank you! have a great week. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome post. it takes me a long time to wash my brushes too ugh! but its worth it.


oh and i think it's so cool that you get to practice what you love to do.

LJ said...

Thanks Becky! yes, i'm finally taking a stab at what i really want to do. :)

Black Crayon said...

It takes me about half an hour to wash my brushes...it worries me that alot of my friends don't wash theirs properly or at all!

I'm posting this late...so hope you had fun doing the makeup for the bridal trail!
Good luck with everything :)

Make sure to check my blog too! :D
x

LJ said...

@Black Crayon...thank you! yes, it really is important to wash those brushes! =)

Post a Comment

World Wide Love