Hello everyone! I'm back with another post. Today's topic is: My Top 10 Nude Lipsticks! This was a request by one of my YouTube viewers so here it is. :)
I am a huge fan of nude lippies! I'm much more of a lipstick gal than a lipgloss lover. With lipsticks, I don't have to be bothered by the wind-blowing-your-hair-onto-your-lips causing that dreaded lipgloss line on the face lol. I also prefer lipsticks for the pigmentation that it gives. As I mentioned in my previous post, my favorite finish for any type of makeup is Matte. Satin would be the next best thing. Don't get me wrong, I like the frosty ones too but I constantly find myself reaching for the Matte & Satin ones.
I've got a bajillion lipsticks and it was hard to choose just 10. I couldn't find my MAC Velvet Teddy Matte lipstick which is my all-time fave! :( I was a bit disappointed that it couldn't be featured in this post because it is lost somewhere in my stash. If I was able to find it, I would've knocked off Blankety for Velvet Teddy. To ensure that this isn't a biased Top 10, I've included 5 MAC lipsticks as well as 5 other brands including my fave drugstore ones.
Swatches from L-R:
● Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 900B Pink Suga (Matte) - The name is not exactly true to it's color. I see no pink in this lipstick at all. It's more of a light nude peach. This is a great nude lipstick to compliment that sultry smokey eye. I really love these Wet N Wild Mega Last Matte Lipsticks. However, they can be a bit drying on the lips after a few hours. I would suggest applying lip balm to your lips or exfoliating your lips before applying these lipsticks (as with most Matte lipsticks). Also, for maximum color payoff, you can apply a teeny tiny bit of concealer before applying this.
● NYX Round Lipstick in 590 Honey (Satin/Velvet) - This lipstick suits its name. It's a flesh-toned nude with yellow undertones. Very pigmented and creamy.
● Revlon Lipstick in 070 Soft Nude (Satin/Glaze) - A creamy peachy nude color. Not overly pigmented but it is buildable. The color on the cover is pretty accurate to what you would get on your lips, provided that you swipe a few layers on. At first sight, I would think that the finish of this lipstick would be comparable to a glaze lipstick from MAC. However, when applied, it is more of a cross between a glaze and satin.
● Too Faced Lipstick in Totally Nude (Satin/Glaze) - A creamy beige color. Feels very hydrating on the lips.
● NARS Lipstick in Honolulu Honey (Satin) - A flesh-toned beige color with peachy undertones, very creamy. I really love this one!
● MAC Lipstick in Peachstock (Satin) - A peachy nude shade, creamy and feels nice on the lips. This is lighter than MAC's Brave New Bronze and is more wearable than MAC's Fleshpot lipstick. This is a pro lipstick from MAC which from what I have read has been discontinued (but don't quote me on that). I was able to get this from MAC's Liberty of London Collection.
● MAC Lipstick in Siss (Satin) - This was my very first nude lipstick purchase from MAC and has been a favorite ever since. I believe its soulmate is MAC's C-Thru lipglass. ;)
● MAC Lipstick in Brave New Bronze (Satin) - A creamy pink nude color. This was Limited Edition from MAC. However, it is in the same color family as MAC's Cherish lipstick which is from the permanent line but Cherish is a tad bit lighter and I wouldn't consider it to be a dupe.
● MAC Lipstick in Blankety (Amplified) - A soft pink beige color with an amplified creme finish. A pretty nude with more pink than peach undertones. There is no shimmer in this but it's got a nice shine to it. Very pigmented and creamy as amplified creme lipsticks tend to be.
● MAC Lipstick in Honey-Love (Matte) - A creamy nude pink. For a matte formula, this is quite creamy in consistency and not as drying as MAC's other matte lipsticks. This is also similar to MAC's Brave New Bronze but Brave New Bronze being slightly darker.
If I didn't have to cut it down to 10, the others that would've made the list are:
● MAC Lipstick in Underplay
● Benefit Lipstick in Lady's Choice
● NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
● Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Spotlight Beige
● Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude
● MAC Lipstick in Hug Me
Hope you all are having a great week! Til next time! =)